The Police have arrested two male teenagers, aged 15 and 19, for their suspected involvement in stealing a motorcycle.
On 25 January 2021 at about 1.15pm, the Police received a report from a victim informing that his motorcycle parked along Kaki Bukit Road 4 had gone missing. The victim had left the ignition key with his motorcycle.
Through ground enquiries and with the aid of images from police cameras, officers from Bedok Police Division established the identity of the duo and arrested them on 26 January 2021. The motorcycle has been recovered.
Investigations are ongoing. The offence of theft of motor vehicle under Section 379A of the Penal Code, Chapter 224 carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years and a fine.
The Police would like to advise all motorcycle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle, securing both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended; and
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle storage box.
Source: Singapore Police Force