The Police have arrested an 18-year-old male teenager and two female teenagers, aged 14 and 15, for their suspected involvement in a case of theft of motorcycle.
On 26 March 2021 at about 9.25am, the Police received a report that a motorcycle was stolen at a carpark along Sengkang East Way.
Through ground enquiries and with the aid of images from CCTV and police cameras, officers from Ang Mo Kio Police Division established the identities of the trio and arrested them on 29 March 2021. The motorcycle was also recovered.
The male teenager will be charged in court on 31 March 2021 with theft of motor vehicle with common intention under Section 379A read with Section 34 of the Penal Code, Chapter 224. The offence carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years, and a fine. Police investigations against the two female teenagers are ongoing.
The Police would like to advise all motorcycle owners to adopt the following crime prevention measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas cover to protect the motorcycle and secure both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended; and
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle storage box.
Source: Singapore Police Force