The Police have arrested a 20-year-old man for his suspected involvement in a case of theft of motorcycle.
On 31 October 2020 at about 12.20am, the Police received a report from a victim informing that his motorcycle had gone missing from the car park of Block 303, Tampines Street 32. The victim had left the ignition key with his motorcycle.
Through ground enquiries and with the aid of images from police cameras, officers from Bedok Police Division established the identity of the man and arrested him on 3 November 2020. Following the arrest, the motorcycle was recovered.
The man will be charged in court on 5 November 2020 for theft of motor vehicle under Section 379A of the Penal Code. The offence carries an imprisonment term of up to 7 years and a fine.
The Police would like to advise all motorcycle owners to adopt the following measures:
- Park your motorcycle in well-lit areas;
- Install an anti-theft alarm for your motorcycle;
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover the motorcycle, securing both ends;
- Use additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or install a suspension guard;
- Remove the ignition key and lock the motorcycle, whenever it is left unattended; and
- Do not leave spare keys inside the motorcycle storage box.
Source: Singapore Police Force