Central Police Division conducted a one-month enforcement operation against public entertainment outlets and massage establishments in Chinatown, Central Mall, Bugis, Jalan Besar and Little India.
During the enforcement checks, the Police arrested:
- Thirty-one women and five men, aged between 21 and 42, for offences under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act.
- Three women, aged between 25 and 27, were arrested offences under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act and Immigration Act.
- One 39-year-old man for using criminal force to deter a public servant from discharge of his duty.
- Five women, aged between 28 and 38, were arrested for offences under the Women’s Charter.
- Four women, aged between 30 and 42, for offences under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act and Women’s Charter.
Fourteen public entertainment outlets were found to have contravened COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020 and/or liquor licence conditions. Sixteen massage establishments were found to be operating a massage establishment without a licence and five were found to be providing sexual services during massage services. Another five massage establishments were found to have contravened the Massage Establishment Rules 2018.
Actions will be taken against the operators for flouting the rules and regulations under the Liquor Control Act 2015, Massage Establishment Act 2017 and COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020. The Police take a serious view against any person who may be involved in such criminal activities and those found engaging in such activities will be dealt with in accordance with the law.
Source: Singapore Police Force