High intensity rainfall on 16 Sep 2020 and instable soil structure caused flooding and landslide in Sorong City, West Papua.
- Remu Utara
Kec. Sorong Utara
Kec. Sorong Manoi
- 2 dead due to landslide
- BPBD still conducting data collection on the disaster tally
- Submerged house is still under data collection
- 1 house damaged due to landslide
- water height 10-100 cm
- BPBD of Sorong City is conducting rapid assessment and coordinating with BASARNAS, TNI/POLRI for evacuation.
- BPBD recommends people at the location to stay vigilant
Affected Area / Region: Sorong City, West Papua Province
Damaged houses: 1
Source: ASEAN Coordinating Centre for Humanitarian Assistance