On 22 April 2020, the National Environment Agency (NEA) implemented new measures to reduce crowding in 4 popular markets, where entry to the markets will be based on the last digit of your NRIC number or FIN.
Starting from 12 September 2020, patrons visiting the four popular markets on weekends will not be subject to the odd/even date entry restriction. With the easing, all four popular markets will no longer have odd/even date entry restriction in place.
Each market will continue to have an access control system that caps the number of patrons inside the market at any one time.
Crowd control at these 4 popular markets
📍 Blk 104/105 Yishun Ring Road (Chong Pang Market & Food Centre)
📍 Geylang Serai Market
📍 Block 20 / 21 Marsiling Lane
📍 Block 505 Jurong West Street 52
- Social responsibility is key
- Plan visits on weekdays, or during the non-peak hours between 10:00am to 12:00pm on weekends. Check estimated peak hours and queue situation at these markets here:
- SafeEntry will continue to be in use
- Go alone, not in groups
- Wear a mask while outside at all times
- Practice safe distancing by standing at least 1 metre apart from others
Be part of the solution — stay home, stay safe
Minister for Environment and Water Resources Masagos Zulkifli
Source: Government of Singapore